Layflat pipe ensures that the pipe always lays flat and stays flat when removed from the coil. As a comparison to traditional PEX coil alternatives Layflat pipe is extremely flexible and therefore, easier to use, especially when manipulating it in cold weather.
Underfloor heating installations too are made effortless due to the increased flexibility and as standard, all Layflat pipe sizes come with a barrier layer to prevent the ingress of air into the system.
Layflat Pipe Features:
- Lays flat, stays flat, and ultra flexible
- Easy to handle and ideal for cabling through joists
- Suitable for central heating systems
- Polybutylene material for extra flexibility
- Lightweight and flexible
- Lead free and non toxic
The new JG Speedfit Layflat Polybutylene barrier pipe has even greater flexibility making the system very easy to handle and worry free.
- Flexibility – Cabling through joists becomes a simple task as a softer pipe material is an advantage. This means that Layflat pipe is ideal for long runs.
- Easier to handle – When removed from the coil, the pipe keeps straight and ‘lays flat’ meaning there are no issues with the pipe retaining its memory and trying to coil back into place.
- Barrier Layer – The pipe is made of 5 layers, the centre of which is a coloured oxygen barrier which prevents the ingress of air into the system, reducing the effect of corrosion on metal components.